Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Young, Old, Just Words

The Dream : High Tea in a posh hotel.
The Reality : Fish n Chips with the kids.
The Dream : Romantic Arthouse movies on Winter afternoons at the Lighthouse.
The Reality : The Muppets at Liffey Valley

Which would you choose?

36 is a fine age and should not be considered old (although the wheely shopping trolley is a concern). I love that you can still be moved to tears by great works of art (like the Muppets). I love the fact that you chose a kiddies movie for your birthday treat. I love the fact that you think a 50% extra free lemon/banana/pineapple swiss roll is a cute birthday cake mostly because it gets me off the hook to bake a fresh one. I love bludgeoning each other with ballooims. I love the wonder in a child's eyes after producing a biscotti shit. I love inaugural big birthday breakfasts and not poisoning ye. I love small heads in popcorn boxes. Most of all I love you and our family and the endless efforts we make to move the dream closer to our reality. Happy retrospective birthday M.

Sent from my iBerryPhone

No comments: